Monday, September 18, 2006

How did I get my name? This is a much asked question in my life. First off. "the legend". Could I ask for a better name? I think not. Now there are many stories out there about my name and where it came from.

The first and most common is that I am the legend of the blob. Yes I have blobbed a watermelon, but that in it's self is not that legendary. Anyone can blob a watermelon. Even minnow!!! Actually I once blobbed a watermelon and then ate it on the gaurding board with minnow.

The second is that I came from deep in the woods where I lived for my entire life. I lived of the resources found in the forest and had fox for a friend. His name was kyle and we were unseperable. In a tragic turn of events kyle found a lady fox and left me all by myself. (ladies are trouble) Now kyle returned to me with a problem. One of his pups had been captured. Being a loyal friend I went to help. That is were I met the lovely people here at Iawah. Some how I had lived in between water skiing and highropes my whole life and did not know camp exsisted. That shows how much I moved around. I became a legend. "the legend" actually. I can't lie that last story is completely untrue and nobody actually thinks that's how I got my name.

And now the third and true story. In 2002 I was a first year staff member with the curse of having no camp name. Now I made a good friend named Kona. He, at the time was the head counsellor. Now Kona and Duffor where having a very important conversation about the new staff. When asked about a certain new staff member Kona answered with, "he's gonna be a legend around here." And that my friends is how I got my name.

Now you know. Have a nice day. Peace.

"the legend"

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt McKechnie said...

legend, that is a great story. kona and dufour are two great lads of iawah fame. but just so you know, it's 'dufour' not duffor. regardless, i still love you and accept you for your faults as i hope you would do the same for me.
blessings be on this blog
gavin
p.s. you are now a link on my blog which means youre pretty much famous.

September 22, 2006 7:31 AM  
Blogger Sammie said...

Hey. I heard that you got your name because on the blob you blobbed frodo really, really high.. well atleast thats what frodo told me. Anyways, see ya.

Sammie

October 04, 2006 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to dispell all allegations of legend blobbing me, it never happened nor did I intentinally try to mislead anyone into believing such, and my camp name is spelt Phrodo for the record.

October 30, 2006 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home